Back to search results Apply now
Risk Specialist – Cadia Panel Cave Development
Job no: 978382 (RPO PC23)
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave.
We’re building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia. We’re turning tough deposits into tier one assets with our extensive experience in block caving, using selective processing skills to push boundaries and discover new growth opportunities.
Cadia is leading the world in developing the next generation of block caving - undercutless caving.
Operations near and far
With residential opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW. We offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional centre only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
As a Risk Specialist, you will be accountable for providing risk management support services to the mine expansion project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administer existing risk management systems and processes as well as provide specialist risk assessment facilitation, advice and support.
- Advise on risk controls and improvements to reduce risk and coordinate risk management input to development.
- Input to crisis response and contingency planning for material risk events and change management for risk management systems and processes.
- Implement training and coaching on risk systems and processes and coach and mentor risk owners and control owners of material risks
- Facilitate annual Management review, compile and deliver reports to Management of the development project risk profile, risk register, risk metrics and action status.
We are looking for qualified, safety focused and team-oriented individuals who have:
- A strong attitude and commitment to workplace health and safety
- Extensive Risk management and framework experience in underground hard rock mining operations.
- Experience with development mining with be highly regarded.
- Key knowledge of legislative, regulatory requirements and building risk profiles for the operation.
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders, alongside skills in group facilitation
- Strong analytical skills, with a strong attention to detail.
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
All shortlisted candidates will be subject to applicable medical assessments and police clearance checks.
Cadia Valley Operations is committed to a smoke free work environment by 1 January 2020.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for these opportunities.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™