Back to search results Apply now
Superintendent - Geotechnical Engineering, UG Panel Cave Expansion
Job no: 978398 (RPO PC23)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave.
We’re building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
We’re turning tough deposits into tier one assets with our extensive experience in block caving, using selective processing skills to push boundaries and discover new growth opportunities.
Cadia is leading the world in developing the next generation of block caving - undercutless caving.
Operations near and far
With residential DIDO and selected FIFO opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW. We offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional center only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Manager - Planning, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Geotechnical Superintendent to join the Cadia Valley Operation in Orange, NSW and be responsible for geotechnical component of projects in the Cadia Panel Cave Development. The position has a strong focus on designing the future caving operations for safe production, incorporation of lessons learnt and to ensure the continuity of production within Cadia Valley.
Key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Provide leadership in safety and geotechnical standards within Cadia Valley through the Cadia Expansion Study and by providing assistance to the Cadia East site geotechnical department.
- Manage the geotechnical budget and scope of work outlined within the Project Capital Allocation and utilise formal project management processes to ensure cost effective outcomes.
- Ensure best practice geotechnical assessments are incorporated and documented.
We are looking for a qualified , safety focused and team-oriented individual who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical Engineering (or related)
- Strong experience in underground hard rock operations
- Possess a high level of strategic thinking, planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, influencing and collaboration skills
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Cadia Valley Operations is committed to a smoke free work environment by 1 January 2020.
For more information on one or more of the above opportunities, please apply here today.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™