Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 978695 (RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are currently seeking services of an experienced and diligent Project Geologist to join our Geology Department on an 8/6 roster, FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist – Operational Drilling & Projects, the successful incumbent will manage the drilling programs for underground and open pit and ensure all work is carried out in a safe, structured, agreed and timely manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive and manage safe working protocols for all Operational Drilling & Projects activities through our NewSafe behaviours
- Validation of predictive sampling practices and procedural improvements
- Grade Control drilling effectiveness – ensuring systems used for both OP and UG deliver required valued
- Assisting operational ore control personnel with developing high-quality models for input into the mine planning process
- Being able to confidently generate usable geology wireframes for modelling purposes based on drill core and face mapping
- Logging operational grade control Core and RC chips
- Validating operational drilling deliverables to ensure there are minimal impacts on production deliverables
- Developing and managing geology projects that add value to business utilising our EDGE philosophy
This is a permanent full-time opportunity on a FIFO 8 days on, 6 days off roster from Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well-furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, self-motivated and have strong time management skills. You will have expert technical capability combined with highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- BSc Honours Degree Geology
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Geology Drilling Reverse Circulation and Diamond Drilling
- Familiarity with Leapfrog, Vulcan and Acquire software
- Demonstrated experience working in remote drilling programs
- Good understanding of QA/QC principals for geology sampling
- Ability to mentor and coach junior staff, technicians and individuals from a non-drilling background
- Ability to work autonomously
- A personal belief that working safely is of paramount importance
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Canada. In every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™