Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Mechanical Technician – Fixed Plant Maintenance
Job no: 978834 (RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
A permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and diligent Mechanical Technician to carry out preventative and breakdown maintenance of all Surface and Underground Fixed Plant equipment with particular emphasis on company values, safety and statutory requirements.
This role will see you actively involved in general plant maintenance, shutdowns, fault-finding and project work, both at the surface and underground.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of fixed plant
- Maintain crushers, conveyor systems, dewatering systems, pressure reducing stations, ventilation systems, chilling plants, hoisting operations, pumps, winders and more
- Monitoring and reporting on status of equipment
- Prompt reporting of all incidents and hazards
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety in order to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents
This is a permanent full-time opportunity on an 8/6 roster - FIFO from Perth.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well-furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong work ethic, a ‘can do’ attitude and a proactive approach to continuously improve maintenance activities. In addition, you will also possess:
- A current trade qualification as either a Fitter, Fitter and Machinist or Welder with proven fitting experience
- Experience as a Fitter in Fixed-plant or underground mining is essential
- Experience on various types of pumps, valves, pneumatic and hydraulics
- The ability to work with noise, dust, elevated work areas, confined work areas, extremes of temperature, water, slurry
- Current manual drivers’ licence
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with SAP or similar system would be advantageous
- Forklift License, HR Licence, Working at Heights, Confined space tickets would be advantageous
- Effective organisational time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Canada. In every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™