Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Senior Business Analyst - Business Development
Job no: 978941
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
- Together we create, innovate and collaborate
- Working in partnership
- Achieving world-class operational performance
Challenge yourself with us:
We’re proud to be the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. From our Head Office in Melbourne, we work closely with our operations both local and global to safely operate and grow.
With a focus on diversity and inclusion, we develop and empower our people to deliver superior returns. Our differences, together with our collective experience allows us to creatively take on the challenges of our complex business.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Senior Business Analyst – Business Development, you will be responsible for a range of activities associated with the identification, analysis, and execution of external growth and portfolio optimisation opportunities. You will be providing high quality analytical and transaction execution support to the senior members of the Business Development team.
To be successful in this role; you will come from business development, corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting or private equity background with solid transaction execution experience. A proven performer, you will work closely with the Senior Leadership team, subject matter experts and external advisors.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist with the identification, analysis, and execution of M&A, Joint Ventures, Exploration Farm-ins, and Portfolio Optimisation opportunities
- Provide analysis and evaluation of M&A opportunities, including valuing mining projects, assets, operations, and companies, assessing key investment risks & opportunities, and undertaking business combination analysis
- Execution of M&A and Portfolio Optimisation opportunities, including leading and managing various Due Diligence workstreams, preparation of presentation materials and papers
The ideal candidate will hold a tertiary qualification in a commerce/law-related discipline or a technical qualification (engineering, maths, applied science) with significant experience in business development, corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting or private equity.
Other requirements include:
- Experience in the resource sector and financial modelling and evaluation
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Prior experience in strategy, valuations, corporate finance, and mergers & acquisitions
- Confidence in preparing reports and documentation including Board papers
- Knowledge of the mining industry in order to support the delivery of competitor analysis and reporting on activity and events across the sector
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, things are always evolving. You’ll find yourself navigating and learning from our complex business every day.
Each of our work environments is challenging in their own right. No matter what your role with us, a strong will and resilience will take you further. No matter what pathway you choose to explore, you’ll be part of an experience like no other.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™