Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 978944 (RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
Experience the best technical and exploration capabilities with Newcrest. Our technical expertise is something we’re quietly proud of. Through our investment in research and development, we’ve advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies.
Operations near and far
With residential opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW we offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional centre only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to join our Maintenance team based at Cadia. Reporting to the Planning Specialist, you will be accountable for delivering high quality work plans that are scheduled in a manner that is safe and executable which enables efficient maintenance execution practices to maintain the fixed plant equipment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Utilize planning, scheduling, budgeting, reporting and monitoring systems to effectively maintain the equipment as per the Maintenance Operating System process
- Undertake detailed job planning that incorporates, materials, labour and documentation that supports safe and efficient execution
- Facilitate shutdown tracking and post shutdown review meetings in line with the Maintenance Operating System process
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture utilizing the Newcrest Safety Transformation plan to help with approach, delivery and direction
You have strong communication skills, ability to work within a wider team and think quickly on your feet. You ideally have a background in mining, resources or heavy industry along with fixed plant equipment experience. You will also possess the following:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with planning/scheduling
- Experience with scheduling in SAP or other ERP systems is desirable
- Strong understanding of Maintenance strategies and SAP master data
- Experience with MS Projects and understanding of project flows is an advantage
- Trade Certification or equivalent qualification is essential
Please note: This is a permanent full-time role based in Orange, NSW working Mon – Fri from 7 am to 4 pm.
Our commitment to you
The welfare of the communities in and around our operations is critically important to us. Through engagement and investment, we build and maintain close relationships with our local communities, ensuring our work creates a positive social impact.
Keeping our people safe and healthy is core to who we are. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing has no compromise, supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™