Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Job no: 978946 (RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
Proud of an embedded safety culture, our commitment to safety, health and well-being has no compromise. Through our investment in research and development, we’ve advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies.
Operations near and far
With residential opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW, we offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional center only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
As we continue to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated Risk Advisor to provide operational risk management support services to the operating site at Cadia.
The role is instrumental and responsible for embedding and maintaining a robust risk management framework across the operation through providing effective communication, influence, challenge and guidance.
Reporting to the Superintendent - Risk, you will have an opportunity to work with leading industry experts and become an integral part of a multi-disciplinary Engineering and Projects department.
The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Supporting operations in relation to the management of risks, operational risk assessments and processes, including coaching and workshop facilitation
- Performing oversight inspections on control effectiveness and advising on improvement actions to reduce risk
- Compiling data and generating of reports as required on the site risk profile, risk metrics and action status
- Facilitating embedment and adherence to the Newcrest Risk Management policy and standards
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong commitment to workplace health and safety, enjoy continuous improvement and have a natural attention to detail. You will have excellent time management and organisational skills, an ability to engage with and influence a variety of stakeholders, along with the following
- Experience in high-risk industries (e.g. mining, oil and gas, energy)
- Mining industry recognised risk management qualification (G-MIRM Risk Management) and/or an industry-focused formal qualification
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills
- Demonstrated experience in applying a broad range of structured risk assessment techniques and tools
Please note: This is a permanent full-time role based in Orange, NSW working Mon – Fri from 7 am to 4 pm.
Our commitment to you
The welfare of the communities in and around our operations is critically important to us. Through engagement and investment, we build and maintain close relationships with our local communities, ensuring our work creates a positive social impact.
Keeping our people safe and healthy is core to who we are. Our commitment to safety, health and well being has no compromise, supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™