Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Indigenous Training & Employment Officer
Job no: 978952(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
Discover what’s possible with us
Our vision is to be miner of choice for our people, shareholders, host communities, partners and suppliers. With a commitment to our people, safety and sustainability, embracing technology and innovation we're securing our future success together.
Operations near and far
In the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, our Telfer gold-copper mine is our fly-in-fly-out operation, comprising both open pits and an underground mine.
Who we’re looking for
As we continue to grow, a permanent opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Indigenous Training & Employment Officer keen to make a real difference to our employees and the Indigenous community.
The role is instrumental and responsible for actively working with external agencies, communities and other stakeholders to recruit indigenous candidates and to support community employment and training programs.
Reporting to the Senior Advisor – Community Relations, you will provide a strong cultural perspective to recruitment activity and will be an advocate for indigenous employees. You’ll enjoy building meaningful and long-term relationships and take ownership of issues as they arise.
The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Delivery of indigenous training & employment programs and Martu Traineeship program
- Oversee Indigenous employment and training on site
- Coordinate Telfer drive in/out program, including ensuring safe operations of drivers and mentors; supervise driver activities
- Effective delivery of external onsite meetings as required
- Promoting Indigenous employment in Telfer in accordance with Newcrest's Indigenous agreements
To succeed in this role, you’ll be passionate about improving employment outcomes for Indigenous people. You will be proactive, driven and have strong organisational and prioritisation skills. In addition, you will also possess:
- Previous experience in a similar role working with indigenous individuals and communities
- Mining experience would be advantageous
- Training facilitation experience
- Competent in the use of MS Office Suite
- WA Manual Drivers Licence
Please note: This is a permanent position that will work on a FIFO (8/6) roster. Point of Hire is Perth.
Our commitment to you
Our People are at the heart of everything that we do. You’ll be surrounded by the experienced, accomplished and inspiring. We’re committed to creating inclusive workplaces that nurture diversity and support our people to thrive.
Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™