Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Industry Based Learning Student - Surveying
Job no: 978954(RPO)
Work type: Vacation
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
Start your career with one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. Our history is a big part of who we are today. Our experience in the exploration, discovery, development and operation of gold mines has driven our growth globally and delivered competitive shareholder returns.
Operations near and far
With residential opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW, we offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional centre only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
This role is suited to final year students who are very near to degree completion or recent Graduates with a tertiary qualification in Spatial Science/Engineering, majoring in Surveying who are interested in a future career as Surveyors within the resources industry.
Key accountabilities include:
- Best utilising the learning and training opportunities in mine surveying, both in the underground and surface operations
- Undertaking all survey set outs required for the safe and accurate mining and construction associated with the Cadia East Underground and Surface Operations
- Office based 3D data interpretation works
- Providing directional alignment control for all vertical and horizontal development works on site
- Generating plans, maps, charts and reports as required
Our ideal applicants will have a strong academic record coupled with excellent people skills and enjoy working collaboratively, but above all, will come with an unparalleled attitude towards making most of the industry-based learning opportunities.
You will also possess the following:
- Spatial Science/Engineering degree majoring in Surveying (or close to completion)
- Knowledge of Total Station and Satellite Navigation Systems will be useful
- Previous work experience and a demonstrated commitment to the community will be highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A valid Australian Manual Driver’s Licence
Please note: This is a 12-week full-time program based in Orange, NSW working 12-hour shifts on a days on, 7 days off roster.
Our commitment to you
In addition to gaining hands-on experience of working on a mine site, you will be mentored by the Senior Mine Surveyors in a structured training program that want you to succeed.
Opportunities to make an impact with us will be all around. We expect our people to find ways to positively influence and impact our business, making their mark on our future. By channeling curiosity into the way we work, we discover more than we imagined.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™