Back to search results Apply now
Control Systems Engineer
Job no: 979006 (RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
Challenge yourself with us
Our technical expertise is something we’re quietly proud of. Through our investment in research and development, we’ve advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programmes and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
Operations near and far
In the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, our Telfer gold-copper mine is our fly-in-fly-out operation, comprising both open pits and an underground mine.
Who we’re looking for
Join our Operational Technology team based at our Telfer site. Reporting to the Senior Engineer in Operational Technology, you provide frontline control engineering support to maintenance, production & engineering teams as well as day to day maintenance, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of process control systems across site.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure safe, reliable and effective operation & maintenance of process control systems across site
- Utilise domain knowledge to assist in Root Cause Analysis, process improvement and post incident investigations
- Facilitate addition, removal and changes to process control systems
- Ensure compliance with change management procedures with bridge logs and registers kept up to date and audited regularly
- Execute routine preventative maintenance, checks, audits and patches to maintain the integrity of both hardware & software components of the process control system
You understand FIFO Lifestyle and commitments. You are confident in your technical capability in engineering and program set up and comfortable working autonomously dealing with issues as they arise.
You will also possess the following:
- Extensive experience as a Control Systems Engineer in the mining, oil & gas sector or heavy industrial environment
- A thorough understanding of Yokogawa Centum VP, Rockwell (Allen Bradley) PLC’s Logix 5000, MicroLogix is essential
- Previous experience with Industrial Communications Networks, OSISoft PI Plant Historian is preferred
- Electrical/Instrumentation Trade Certificate or Electrical/Electronics/Process Engineer Bachelors Degree
- Advanced skills and experience with SAP and the Microsoft Suite are highly advantageous
Please note: the roster for this role is 8 days on/6 days off (12 hour days 6am – 6pm)
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
For more information on one or more of the above opportunities, please apply here today.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™