Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Job no: 979045(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
Experience a connection with us
Ensuring our people go home safe and healthy every day is our number one priority. We are committed to maintaining a work environment free of fatalities, life-changing injuries and occupational illnesses, and minimising our impact and footprint on the environment.
Operations near and far
In the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, our Telfer gold-copper mine is our fly-in-fly-out operation, comprising both open pits and an underground mine.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking services of an experienced Registered Nurse for the provision of emergency and non-emergency medical assessment, treatment and care in the out-of-hospital environment for site personnel.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Health and Hygiene, you will also play a key role in supporting and promotion of health-related and community support programs.
Key deliverables of the role are to:
- Respond, control and participate in the ER team activities during any emergency incidents that may occur on site
- Assure quality patient care by adhering to relevant therapeutic and medical standards and regulations, and measuring health outcomes of individual patients against pre-determined healthcare goals
- Administrate required dosage of medication to patients and operating any medical equipment designed to assist their healthcare outcomes
- Ensure Injury Management process is strictly adhered to as per Injury Management and return to work procedure
- Document patient care, including consumption of medication and dosage
This will be a FIFO permanent role from Perth; 12 hours shifts, 8 days on site and 6 days off.
To succeed in this role, you will be resilient, safety focused and have excellent time management skills. With tertiary Nursing qualifications and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), you will be familiar with health standards across WA.
In addition, you will also possess:
- 3-5 years in a similar role, preferably within mining or resources industry
- Bachelor of Nursing and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) required
- Drug and Alcohol testing certificate and Mental Health Qualification required
- Good understanding of OSHA principles and guidelines
- Experience using Medical Director and SharePoint preferred
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You’ll be part of a high-performance culture that’s building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™