Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Job no: 979222(RPO)
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
Experience a connection with us
With a growing international footprint, we are constantly evolving, learning and adapting. As a key member of the Group Tax team, you will have an opportunity to work on new and complex tax issues that require strong technical, risk and stakeholder management skills. There are no limits to what the job can offer. You will find a team of like-minded and driven colleagues and a supportive environment.
Operations near and far
We’re proud to be the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. From our Head Office in Melbourne, we work closely with our operations both local and global to safely operate and grow. Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available, and located across the road from the Albert Park Lake. Experience a lunch break around the lake or have access to our on-site gym facilities, with local eateries only a short walk from the office.
Who we’re looking for
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Melbourne Head Office and we are on the lookout for a qualified and knowledgeable Tax Advisor to join our Group Tax team on an 8-month fixed-term contract. As an integral member of the team, you will play a key role in assisting with Australian tax compliance and tax advice matters on a selection of companies, functions and assets of the Newcrest Mining Limited Group.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, you will be joining a team that is adaptable, supportive and driven towards coaching and developing. The role will also aim at providing valuable in-house experience in mining with one of the leading Gold producers in Australia.
The key deliverables of this role include:
- Ensuring that tax compliance is completed accurately and on a timely basis, providing adequate time for review
- Providing accurate and timely tax advice/input to the business and corporate groups
- Assisting with the management of audits and litigation
- Independently liaising with external stakeholders, wider business and operations teams to collate and analyse facts and data relevant to tax
Our ideal applicant will be an independent thinker with an inquisitive attitude. Through previous experience with Mining, large corporate or any of the Big 4 Accounting Firms, you will be able to interpret and apply Australian tax legislation in practice, peruse overseas tax legislation, exercise judgement on technical matters and coordinate external tax input where required.
Your highly tuned problem-solving and decision-making abilities coupled with a strong commercial sense will enable you to make a real impact and be a trusted asset in the team. In addition, you will also possess:
- Understanding of Mining Industry (preferred)
- Consistent experience using MS Excel; working knowledge of SAP, CCH Integrator and any other data analytics tools would be desirable
- Good time management and project management skills to balance competing requirements and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to prepare and review tax effect accounting work papers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to convey technical tax information simply and clearly to customers and stakeholders
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you will find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™