Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Mining & Operational Techologies Electrician
Job no: 979228
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine - Canada
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking a Mining & Operational Technologies Electrician to join the new Energy and Operational Technologies Department.
Reporting to the Operational Technologies Superintendent, your duties will include:
- Ensure safe, reliable and effective operation & maintenance of the production electric shovels as well as all mining and operational technologies’ electrical infrastructure across site
- Conduct day to day maintenance, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of mining and operational technologies electrical infrastructure across site
- Assist the OT Superintendent and Manager to develop audit systems for infrastructure and preventative maintenance programs and conduct inspections
- Provide frontline electrical support to the Mining Systems Technologist, Instrumentation Techs, Process Control Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Energy Managers, and maintenance, production, & engineering teams
- Work closely with the Energy Managers to enhance and expand the existing ISO 50001 System and the Electrical Infrastructure Detection and Analysis System. Includes planning and installation of such systems
- Ensure statutory systems are maintained, inspected, and treated according to the relevant legislation
- Use of basic hand tools and test equipment is essential as well as the ability to work with electrical drawings
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Journeyman Electrician Interprovincial Red Seal
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment such as open pit/UG mining;
- Medium and high voltage cable repair and troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on heavy equipment such as electric Kamatsu 7000/8000 and P&H 2800 shovels
- Computer literate and skills in the Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP)
- Associated licences and training required for this type of work an asset (e.g., fall protection, scissor lift and zoom boom trained, ARCflash Hazard Analysis, etc.)
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Daylight Time
Applications close: Atlantic Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™