Job no: 979238
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine - Canada
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
Who we’re looking for?
We are seeking an experienced Journeyman Welder.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, your duties will also include:
- Strong commitment and adherence to all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Perform maintenance welding repairs on production, service and support equipment
- Perform welding repairs and daily welding inspections on all company mobile equipment
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease repair times, and streamline work processes
- Mentorship and training of welding apprentices
- Use of computer to input timesheets, work orders, parts list, pick tickets, equipment information, troubleshooting feedback and shift turnover notes
- Assist with other maintenance activities as required
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Journeyman Welder Interprovincial Red Seal Certification
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Minimum 1 – 3 years work related experience
- Welding repair experience with Caterpillar haul trucks, dozers, graders, Hitachi and Komatsu hydraulic excavators and shovels, P&H 2800XPB shovel and Atlas Copco drills is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with repair and rebuild of shovel buckets and haul truck boxes
- Knowledge and experience using all common welding processes, pre-heat and post-heat management techniques and working with a variety of wear resistant metals
- Experience with frame, boom, bucket and haul truck structural repairs will be an asset.
- Candidates to provide information re: Safety Program related training and experience
- A team player that works well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Daylight Time
Applications close: Atlantic Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™