Mill Trainee Temporary
Job no: 979239
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Red Chris Mine - Canada
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
Who we’re looking for?
We are seeking an experienced Temporary Mill Trainee.
Reporting to the Mill Operations Supervisor, your duties will also include:
- Shoveling- conveyor hazards/proper shoveling technique.
- Hosing- Proper hosing technique/awareness of electrical hazards.
- Sample Collection - instruction in proper handling of samples.
- PAX mixing - Procedure M-06/practical instruction, mentoring.
- Lime Slaker Operation- Procedure M-04/practical instruction, mentoring.
- Ball Charging- Crane sign-off/Procedure M-03/practical instruction, mentoring.
- Conveyor inspections – Procedure M-07 Conveyor Safety.
- Taking densities- Performing wet screen analysis.
- Performing tasks that involve heavy lifting, cleaning, sweeping, shoveling and hosing.
- Performing tasks in extreme weather conditions.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Valid driver’s license. (can be an L)
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be capable of working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Prefer 1-2 years Mill Operating experience.
- 18 years of age by start date.
- Ability to preform tasks that require strength and stamina in extreme weather conditions.
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Daylight Time
Applications close: Atlantic Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™