Capital Projects Superintendent
Job no: 979241
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine - Canada
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
Who we’re looking for?
We are now seeking expression of interest from current Newcrest staff in the position of a Capital Projects Superintendent at our Red Chris Operation.
The Capital Projects Superintendent will implement the highest standards of Project Management and Controls at Red Chris Mine. This role is accountable for delivery of integrated capital project management services across the site.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, your duties will also include:
- Build an effective Capital Projects Delivery team and build relationships with site project owners
- Set personal key performance indicators of the technical team based on Red Chris and Newcrest’s annual and long-term strategies as set by the Technical Services Manager
- Communicate ideas and concerns promptly to site clients, managers and peers
- Demonstrate the behaviour and business practices outlined in Newcrest’s Vision
- Design and carry out full Project Execution Plans from concept to commissioning, including Procurement/Subcontracting strategies and Construction Management Plans
- Assist with general business improvements initiatives
Our ideal candidate will be able to encourage a team-based work environment that leverages the expertise and knowledge of the team. You will have previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in delivering Brownfields projects. You will have Project management experience with projects of $5m – 15m USD where a commitment to HSE Management was crucial. Preferably, you will also have mining technical studies experience.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Degree in a professional field (Engineering, Sciences etc.)
- Minimum 10-15 years in active technical leadership roles in mining or related industry sector
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; fluency in English
- Ability to make decisions under conditions of uncertainty
- Newcrest PMS and Goldbook delivery knowledge is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the Life of Mine Planning process is preferred
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Daylight Time
Applications close: Atlantic Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™