Back to search results Apply now
Senior Engineer - Electrical Maintenance
Job no: 979341
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Island Operations - PNG
Senior Engineer Electrical Maintenance
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Asset Reliability Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
Reporting to the Superintendent Area Maintenance, the Senior Engineer – Electrical Maintenance will be responsible for providing electrical engineering expertise and leadership to the fixed plant maintenance electrical and instrumentation teams. You will be also required to support and improve maintenance on plant equipment, address shortfalls in equipment performance, assist with the development of maintenance strategies, identify areas for improvement, initiating and managing improvement projects within the Maintenance team areas of responsibility including:
- Crushing and conveying
- NCA circuit (Neutralization, Cyanide addition)
- CCD Circuit (Counter Current Decantation)
- Associated power distribution and control
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering is essential
- Australian, New Zealand or PNG Power Electrical Licence including HV is essential
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience is essential
- An exemplary safety record and outstanding safety leadership
- Working knowledge of current asset management or reliability engineering concepts and methodologies essential
- Experience in fixed plant operations and maintenance and reliability engineering in minerals processing
- Previous experience working in a remote location in a developing country advantageous, but not essential
- Sound planning, project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar desirable
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and SAP
- Ability to obtain or currently have a PNG National Drivers Licence
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™