Back to search results Apply now
Technical Specialist - Mechanical
Job no: 979343
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Island Operations - PNG
Technical Specialist Mechanical
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Asset Reliability Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, the Technical Specialist – Mechanical will be responsible for providing mechanical maintenance expertise and leadership to the fixed plant mechanical teams. You will be also required to provide technical expertise, planning, direction and hands-on training and mentoring and to carry out mechanical maintenance activities on the associated processing plant facilities and equipment.
You will drive and influence proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership and have the following.
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering trades qualification or certification essential
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar will be highly regarded
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years at supervisory/leading hand level; specifically, in tanks, tails & pumps maintenance
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training
- Previous expatriate work experience
- Ability to coach/mentor and develop training plans for team members
- Willingness to provide "on the job" training & mentoring
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and SAP
- Working at heights certificate desirable
- Confined space entry certificate desirable
- Overhead travelling crane operation certificate desirable
- Rigging or dogging certificated desirable
- PNG, Australian or New Zealand drivers licence is essential
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™