Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Certified Warehouse Technician
Job no: 979403
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking to expand our Warehouse Operations team. This team is responsible for the shipping/receiving, materials management, and supporting site and project operations. The work is fast paced and can at times be repetitive. If you are someone who likes to challenge themselves, continuously learn, and are excited about being a part of a growing site, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Supply and Logistics, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preserve safe and clean work environment by following policies and procedures
- Assist shipping and receiving with unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Keep accurate records of goods entering and leaving the warehouse
- Receive pick tickets and prepare and stage customer orders accordingly
- Work night shift on a rotational basis
- Receive and process warehouse stock orders
- Operate equipment such as forklift, zoom boom and loader
- Enter data in inventory and logistics software
- Maintain and manage inventory levels and controls
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Inter-provincial Red Seal Journeyman Partsperson required
- Experience operating forklift, zoom boom and loader is required
- A minimum of 3 years warehousing experience required
- Experience in mining operations is considered an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- SAP experience an asset
- Physical requirements: lifting, carrying, bending, stretching and standing for long periods of time
- Valid Driver’s License
- A team player that works well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Daylight Time
Applications close: Atlantic Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™