Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Temporary Haul Truck Driver
Job no: 979404
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
Reporting to the Mine Operations Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate haul trucks (Cat 777, 785 and 793) in an open pit mine on 12-hour shifts rotating between day and night shift
- Follow established traffic patterns avoiding road hazards and other hazardous
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift safety inspections and complete daily equipment reports
- Report all unsafe mechanical conditions
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on equipment
- Assist in general mine labour and other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in an open pit mining environment preferred
- Valid BC Drivers License required
- Ability to build, promote, and actively participate in a positive working atmosphere.
- Ability to stay alert and pay attention to detail during all hours and weather conditions encountered during a shift
- Ability to safely climb and access equipment, as well as lift heavy objects up to 50lbs
- Strong leadership/team skills and the ability to work independently as required
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Daylight Time
Applications close: Atlantic Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™