Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Production Mining Engineer
Job no: RR10000245
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation
Experience a connection with us at Newcrest
Our history is a big part of who we are today. Our experience in the exploration, discovery, development and operation of gold mines has driven our growth globally and delivered competitive shareholder returns. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect. As we expand into new territories, you will find opportunities to grow with us.
Operations near and far
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days to support our community feel at Telfer.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an agile and resilient Production Engineer to join our multifaceted mine site at Telfer and contribute to the safe, cost effective and efficient production from the Telfer Open Pit.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Technical Services, you will execute daily, weekly and monthly routine duties to ensure that targets are met. This challenging yet rewarding opportunity will see you engage with Contractors onsite to ensure smooth, safe and un-interrupted production.
This is an exciting time to come onboard and join a team that is culturally supportive, cohesive and prioritises professional development. The role presents a fantastic career opportunity for an Engineer looking to learn and progress in a technical space through exposure to many different aspects of an Open Pit mining operation.
Other key deliverables of the role include:
- Generate schedules for Open Pit assets in high resolution in the monthly and quarterly space
- Review and advise on weekly production scheduling and implementation to support safe, cost effective open pit production in line with Contract Programme deliverables
- Perform design work associated with longer term goals and accesses including roads, ROM’s, pit shells, rehabilitations and long-term dumps including perpetual design and optimisation of short-term haul roads and in-pit ramps
- Scope and project manage all project work associated with production related activities such as cutback preparation, surface water management plans, and closure needs
To succeed in this role, you will have a solid understanding of open-pit mining operations and have the natural ability to build relationships and manage stakeholders. Your excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills ideally combined with previous experience in contractor mining environments will see you promote a site wide, team-based culture between employees, departments and contractors.
In addition to the above key skills, you will also have:
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering with proven planning and production experience in open-pit operations; ideally in metalliferous mining
- Demonstrated experience with short and mid-term planning
- Design experience with stockpiles, waste dumps and roads
- Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel, CAD (ideally Vulcan) and software planning systems (ideally Xact)
- Exposure to Power BI will be an advantageous
- Western Australian Unrestricted Quarry Managers Certificate of Competency will be highly regarded
Please note: This is a permanent role that will work on a FIFO (8/6), flying out of Perth.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™