Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Mining Systems Technician
Job no: RR10000269
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation
Experience a connection with us at Newcrest
Our history is a big part of who we are today. Our experience in the exploration, discovery, development and operation of gold mines has driven our growth globally and delivered competitive shareholder returns. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect.
Operations near and far
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in East Pilbara, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days to support our community feel at Telfer.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a safety-conscious and diligent Mining Systems Technician to join our Operational Technology team based at Telfer in Western Australia.
Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer of Operational Technology, you will conduct day to day maintenance, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of the mobile mining technology systems such as the Open Pit Fleet Management system (Modular Dispatch), Automated Fatigue Monitoring System (CAT Driver Safety System) and SAOC Dispatch Terminals.
In addition, you will also ensure:
- Maintenance of installation and work practice standards for hardware utilised on fleet
- Providing guidance and advanced troubleshooting support to the contract Fleet Management System technicians
- Maintenance of production data reporting to both Newcrest & external parties
- Act as the site Subject Matter Expert in the administration of the open pit mining fleet management system (currently Modular Mining’s DISPATCH)
- Maintain a close working relationship with Telfer’s contract mining technical teams
To succeed in this role, you will have similar experience within an open pit mining operation. Previous experience as an Open Pit Mine Technician operating heavy equipment and trucks will be highly regarded.
In addition, you will also ideally have:
- A thorough understanding of IP, FSK, FHSS & TDMA data communications systems, Open Pit Mining terminology and Communications equipment installation standards
- Computer literate and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs as well as proficiency using SAP or a similar ticketing system
- Experience using Mining Management systems such as Modular Dispatch, Minestar or similar
- Exposure to SQL database administration, Windows, Linux and embedded system administration, and Wireless network administration Formal qualification as a Communications Technician or a Modular Dispatcher
Please note: This is a permanent full-time role at our Telfer mine site, FIFO from Perth on an 8 days on /6 off roster.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™