Back to search results Apply now
Technical Specialist - Mechanical (AM - Tanks & Tails Maintenance)
Job no: 979563
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team- Asset Management at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technical Specialist to provide mechanical maintenance expertise and leadership to the fixed plant mechanical teams.
You will be responsible to provide technical expertise, planning, direction and hands on training and mentoring and to carry out mechanical maintenance activities on the associated processing plant facilities and equipment.
You will drive and influence proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership and be able to demonstrate the following.
Qualifications Skills & Experience
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering trades qualification or certification essential
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar will be highly regarded
- 7+ Years relevant work experience with at least 3 years at supervisory / leading hand level
- Must have prior experience with the following:
- CCD thickeners, Pre-oxidation tanks
- CIL / NCA circuits including Warman Cardon advance pumps
- SPX agitators, Delkor screens, Metso, Schenck & Derrick vibrating screens
- Elution columns, carbon reactivation kilns,
- Lime mills and Wier pumps of all sizes
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working in a remote location in a developing country
- Ability to coach / mentor and develop training plans for team members
- Willingness to provide hands on "on the job" training & mentoring
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and SAP
- Working at heights certificate desirable
- Confined space entry certificate desirable
- Overhead travelling crane operation certificate desirable
- Rigging or dogging certificate desirable
- Must be open to work FIFO in PNG on an extended roster
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™