Back to search results Apply now
Superintendent - Geothermal Operations
Job no: 979575
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We seek a Superintendent-Mine Geothermal to lead the Mine Geothermal Team to provide geothermal risk management and geothermal technical support to the Mine Technical and Operations teams. This is a residential role to Lihir, and you will be reporting directly to the Mine Technical Services Manager.
Your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Identify and manage geothermal hazards and associated risks successfully in the open pit by capturing and analysing geotechnical drilling, mapping and temperature data and through regular field inspections
- Develops and communicates mine geothermal risk reviews for yearly, quarterly and monthly mine plans
- Provides updated geoscientific information and technical project management to all stakeholders through reports and meetings as required by the Superintendent.
- Technical mentoring and guidance for the section and Department.
- Develops, scopes and manages technical projects using the site's appropriate project management tools, track against relevant KPIs and performance metrics including coordinating with various departments and consultants (if any) as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualified Bachelor of Science (Geology) or Engineering (Geotechnical, Reservoir) – an accreditation from the Institute of Engineers PNG Inc. will be completed as part of the work permit process.
- Additional qualifications in Project Management are desirable.
- AT least seven years’ experience in a mining environment in a geotechnical/geothermal position.
- Exposure in geotechnical/geothermal monitoring systems.
- Strong knowledge of managing ground control management programs and geotechnical data collection.
- Requires broad knowledge and have experience from several technically challenging mines either as a consultant or a site-based role.
- Sound understanding of the PNG Mine Safety Act and Regulations.
- A high degree of competency in MS applications.
- Sound planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written, communication and public speaking skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Must be open to work extended roster due to COVID.
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™