Back to search results Apply now
Senior Specialist - Instrumentation
Job no: 979580
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking a Senior Specialist – Instrumentation to coordinate safely the instrumentation maintenance activities to support the processing areas to resolve equipment performance and maintenance issues. The role also provides technical electrical specialist advise and ensures all instrumentation installations comply with all relevant statutory and safety requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Dual Electrical & Instrumentation trade qualification or certification is essential
- Australian, New Zealand or PNG Power electrical licenses essential
- Cert III or IV in Instrumentation is desirable
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar will be highly regarded
- Minimum 10 years’ experience (5 years as a leader), coordinating multi-national work crews in remote mine site environments
- Solid understanding and awareness of HSE requirements, responsibilities, and obligations
- Advanced analytical skills for fault finding / diagnosis and repair of faulty electrical equipment, instrumentation, control wiring systems and process control interface
- Proficient in the reading / interpretation of accurate updating of instrumentation drawings
- Good understanding of formal project management skills, practices and methodologies
- Sound understanding of required E&I inventory requirements and ability to utilize SAP software to monitor procurement and ensure availability of spares
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to foster strong, professional relationships in order to identify problems, resolve conflicts and implement solutions to improve efficiency/service delivery
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills, ensuring the capability to meet deadlines
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Must be open to work FIFO in PNG on an extended roster
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™