Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 979627
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Serviceman (Fleet Services)
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Development & Planning Team – Business Improvement for their new Brisbane-based office to support their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are seeking an experienced Serviceman for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Supervisor – Mechanical, you will be required to perform routine preventive maintenance and mechanical services on mobile fleet.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Service and maintain Mobile Mining Equipment including Haul Trucks, Loaders, Dozers, Graders and Excavators.
- Provide ongoing daily services in inspecting, installing, fault-finding/troubleshooting, repairing, and testing mechanical equipment on mobile fleet as required.
- Ensure proper documentation, maintenance and service records for equipment are complete and kept up to date.
- Effectively manages own time to complete tasks in line with job expectations and requirements adjusting plans to cater for unforeseen events / disruptions.
- Completes any HSE tasks only if the hazards and any potential consequences are understood and any corrections are firstly agreed by the relevant Supervisor.
- Pre-employment Technical Training (PETT) or Vocational Training in Heavy Equipment Fitting essential
- 5 years relevant work experience essential in heavy industry preferably within a mining environment
- Minimum level of Grade 10 education essential.
- Demonstrated experience in preventive maintenance and service of mobile equipment including Haul Trucks, Loaders, Dozers, Graders and Excavators
- PNG Driver's Licence - Class 1 essential.
- Good verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.
- High attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution.
- Valid Working at Heights ticket, Elevated Work Platform ticket, Crane ticket, Forklift ticket ( highly desirable )
- Previous experience in maintenance and service of mobile equipment including Haul Trucks, Loaders, Dozers, Graders and Excavators (highly desirable)
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™