Technician – Mechanical
Job no: 979633
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Power & Utilities Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO) in Papua New Guinea.
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking an experienced Technician - Mechanical for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Supervisor – Mechanical, you will be required to provide day-to-day technical maintenance and mechanical services common to a process plant operation and associated with the Grinding Maintenance area.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Carry out maintenance tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor, in accordance with established procedures and NML HSE requirements.
- Undertake regular mechanical inspections of grinding areas as directed.
- Participate in skills training, shift handover communications, toolbox meetings, and any other activities as required by the Supervisor.
- Assist with maintaining maintenance records through effective documentation/reporting of work performed in conjunction with entering information as required in the Computerised Maintenance Management System (SAP).
- Execution/performance of preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on grinding equipment, safely and effectively, and provide technical assistance, as required, to the Grinding Maintenance Team.
- Inspect, test, adjust and repair equipment to satisfy appropriate governing standards.
- Demonstrate fault finding skills and the ability to troubleshoot
- Act as relief Leading Hand in the absence of the Leading Hand - Mechanical if required.
- Relevant Trade certificate and/or qualification in Mechanical Fitting essential.
- PNG Driver's Licence - Class 6 essential.
- 3–5 years post-trade maintenance experience essential in heavy industry preferably within power and utilities or mining environment.
- Relevant experience in maintaining equipment in grinding maintenance area.
- Any previous mechanical experience within mining (highly desirable).
- Confined space, working at heights tickets.
- Computer proficiency in SAP & MS Office suite.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™