Technician - Services
Job no: 979702
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time, Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Development & Planning Team – Business Improvement for their new Brisbane-based office to support their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking an experienced Technician - Services for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Engineer – Reliability, you will be required to conduct routine condition monitoring activities across the extended mobile fleet including but not limited to Oil Sample processing & analysis, NDT activities, wear rate monitoring, and reporting to ensure optimum mobile fleet availability and reliability is achieved in a safe & timely manner.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Drives and influences proactive safety behaviors within workgroups through personal ownership and compliance with site policies.
- Plans work so that it can be conducted safely; and considers environmental conditions, nearby activities, and the people and other resources needed to complete the work.
- Builds effective working relationships with team members and customers
- Ensures all work is conducted to the highest possible standard in the most efficient manner possible.
- Seeks new and innovative work methods to improve efficiencies
- Delivers work within approved budget managing any variances in accordance with escalation process
- Actively seeks cost reduction opportunities
- Trade Certificate or engineering qualifications highly desired
- 5+ years’ experience in the field of condition monitoring with preference given to Mobile Equipment experience.
- PNG Driver's Licence - Class 6 essential.
- Computer proficiency in SAP & MS Office suite.
- Excellent verbal, written & communication skills.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™