Back to search results Apply now
Senior Engineer - Electrical
Job no: 979720
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Power & Utilities Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Engineer - Electrical to join the Power & Utilities team at Lihir in a residential role. Reporting to the Superintendent – Power & Utilities, you will provide technical expertise and analysis of the operation of the electrical power system, including generation, sub-transmission and reticulation network, HV machinery and aux electrical systems including taking custodianship of the HV asset database.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years relevant work experience essential in one of either Power Station Systems, Power Distribution Networks, Geothermal Power Systems, or Diesel Power Systems.
- Tertiary qualified bachelor’s in electrical engineering essential.
- Competent with ETAP or similar software (Digsilent Power Factory/PSCAD).
- Competent with HV protection systems and studies and power system operations, stability, and control.
- Experienced in the production of switching sheets, access, and test permits.
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar desirable.
- High Voltage switching accreditation desirable.
- Previous experience working in a remote location in a developing country advantageous.
- Eligible to become registered Mine Electrician with PNG Power & MRA.
- Ability to provide/obtain a valid Australian Federal Police Clearance.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- As part of the work permit process, an accreditation from the Institute of Engineers PNG Inc will be completed.
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world’s largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience.
This is a residential role based on the beautiful Lihir island in Papua New Guinea. Enjoy a 5/2 roster in a safe working environment. Lihir also offers a competitive remuneration package.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™