Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 979726
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for Operators with experience in Grinding and Flotation to work in our Mill Operations. Reporting to the Mill Operations Supervisor, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor and control the Mill Grinding circuit to achieve maximum throughput and target grinds for Flotation feed.
• Monitor process and fire water systems, immediately reporting any malfunctions that may affect production targets or personnel safety
• Monitor the Flotation Circuit parameters and process performance informing the Flotation Operator of observations and making changes in consultation with the Flotation Operator
• Monitor reagent delivery and addition systems and air systems including blowers and compressors
• Monitor concentrate thickener performance and adjust in consultation with the Dewatering Operator
• Assist Crusher Operators when requested
• Actively maintain communication with all departments
• Have a strong commitment to Safety First
The successful candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as be a safety oriented team player. Additional skills for the role are:
• Valid driver’s license (can be an L)
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must be capable of working at heights and in confined spaces
• Must have Mill operating experience including Grinding and Flotation
• Ability to perform tasks that require strength and stamina in extreme weather conditions
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Standard Time
Applications close: Atlantic Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™