Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 979734
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Equipment Operator to operate heavy mining equipment in our Mine Operations. Reporting to the Mine Operations Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operating heavy mining equipment such as D-10 track dozers, 16H & 14G graders, small excavator Hitachi ex 470 & ex 870, small Loaders cat 988, 950, wheeled 834 dozer
• Shift work, 12-hour shifts rotating between day and night shift
• Able to perform pre-trip inspections & post inspections of relevant equipment
• Complete proper documentations (logbooks, timecards)
• Adhere to site policies and standard operating procedures
• Report all unsafe acts and incidents
• Other duties as may be required
We require someone with a minimum of 1-3 year’s experience operating heavy equipment that has a valid Class 5 driver’s license. Ideally, you will be a team player that works well with others and have strong oral and written communication skills. In addition, you will have the following skills and experience:
• A Grade 12 diploma or equivalent is preferred
• HEO Certificate is considered an asset
• First Aid certification is desirable
• Ability to perform tasks that require strength and stamina in extreme weather conditions
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision once familiar with requirements
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Standard Time
Applications close: Atlantic Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™