Back to search results Apply now
Talent Acquisition Advisor
Job no: 979751
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Vancouver Office
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply.
Who we’re looking for:
We require a Talent Acquisition Advisor to provide guidance and recruitment support to hiring managers that will enable Newcrest to deliver safe, efficient and profitable production through the attraction and selection of talent. You will ensure that the right people are in the right roles, and drive leadership capability through talent development in the selection process. This role is offered as a 12-month contract, working from home Monday to Friday, with site visits as required.
Reporting to the Human Resources Superintendent, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- End to end recruitment tasks, including role briefs, job postings, applicant screening, interviewing, probity checks, and offer management
- Provision of specialist talent advice regarding the attraction, selection and on-boarding lifecycle to ensure a diverse range of candidates are considered
- Designing and implementing innovative sourcing strategies to attract and select outstanding talent, encourage internal talent development, and reducing recruitment costs
- Facilitating quality candidate management throughout the recruitment process
- Maintain recruitment management systems to ensure data integrity and all governance requirements are met
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Human Resources, in house company-based recruitment (mining recruitment experience highly desirable) including the full recruitment cycle process
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, as reflected in the ability to network in person and online
- Superior client management skills with experience working in a high-volume recruitment environment
- Advanced computer skills including experience using and maintaining an internal applicant tracking system (PageUp experience, will be highly regarded)
- Have a continuous improvement mindset, able to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Please note that Canadian Working rights are required for this role
Advertised: Atlantic Daylight Time
Applications close: Atlantic Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™