Back to search results Apply now
Technical Specialist - Shovels
Job no: 979769
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mobile Maintenance Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking two experienced Technical Specialists – Shovels to join the Mobile Fleet Maintenance team at Lihir. Reporting to the Senior Specialist – Shovels & Drills, you will provide advanced technical maintenance expertise, on-the-job diagnostic support, guidance and training to the PNG national workforce. The role has a primary focus on skills, education and talent development in support of all planned and unplanned maintenance activities within our Shovel Pad.
To be successful in this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- 10 years post-trade, expert level experience on equipment, preferably an OEM background with a focus on troubleshooting and fault finding is essential.
- Trade Certificate in Heavy Equipment Fitting | Heavy Duty Mechanical is essential.
- Proven experience in the below is essential:
- coaching/training personnel preferably in under-developed countries.
- Caterpillar/Terex 6050/RH200 Hydraulic Face Shovels.
- Hitachi EX2600 & 1200 Excavators.
- High level of competency in using OEM System Software especially Caterpillar E.T and Cummins Insight.
- Working at Heights, Fork Lift, Dogging is desirable.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Supervisor 1,2&3 or equivalent are advantageous.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment and a police check.
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world’s largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience. Enjoy a FIFO roster in a safe working environment. Lihir also offers a competitive remuneration package.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™