Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Job no: RR10000709
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation
Explore the unknown
Our technical expertise is something we are quietly proud of. Through our investment in research and development, we have advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect.
Operations near and far
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking a resilient and motivated Environmental Advisor to provide support and advice related to environmental compliance and sustainability matters at Telfer.
Reporting to the Senior Environmental Advisor and joining a close-knit collaborative team, this challenging yet rewarding role will see you ensure environmental compliance by taking a direct advisory and interactive role with all work groups across site.
Other key deliverables of the role include:
- Promoting and supporting the implementation of Newcrest's Environmental Standards, statutory conditions and Environmental Policy within the workplace
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining the Telfer Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Completing statutory reporting as required
- Undertaking environmental inspections across site
- Co-ordinating and managing contractors and their activities as required
To be successful in this role, you will be structured and well organised with exceptional time management skills. A sound knowledge of the statutory environmental requirements and the ability to provide competent advice on these requirements will be essential.
In addition, you will also possess:
- Bachelor of Environmental Science or Engineering (Environmental) / or equivalent
- Proven experience performing environmental inspections, incident management, data analysis and report writing with a background in Mining or Resources Industry highly preferred
- Previous experience in Contractor Management
- Exposure to Environmental Management Systems (EMS), ISO14001 or equivalent
- Experience using ArcGIS
- Knowledge of WA legislation
Please note: This is a permanent role on a FIFO roster, flying out of Perth.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and provide support to develop, coach and mentor team members to continuously improve their knowledge and skills and relationship interactions.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on enhancing diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™