Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 979891
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking a Senior Specialist – Services and Tyres to work in the Mobile Fleet Maintenance Department. The role purpose is to provide a technical lead in mobile equipment servicing and tyre management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Trade Certificate in Diesel Fitting, Heavy Equipment Fitting or Mechanical Engineering essential.
- Tyre Management Qualifications are highly desirable.
- 7+ years relevant experience in mobile fleet maintenance in a large scale mining/mineral processing operation is essential.
- Experience with tyre management systems (Otrocom) is desirable.
- Experience with:
- MS Suite
- Oil Commander
- Mine Star
- One View
- Demonstrated personal skills, initiative, and drive to establish effective working relationships between maintenance and operational departments
- Desire to work with and upskill/mentor national staff
- Previous Experience working in a remote location in a developing country is advantageous
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong active listening and interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution and training
- Ability to lead multi-national work crews and develop team members by providing feedback, coaching and formal training, where required
- Solid understanding and awareness of HSE requirements, responsibilities and obligations
- Must be open to work FIFO in PNG
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world’s largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience. Enjoy working in a picturesque and safe working environment with a competitive remuneration package.
- Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™