Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Senior Marketing Officer
Job no: RR10000770
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Discover what’s possible with us
Reporting into the Marketing Manager, you will play an active role in the smooth running of the department’s sales administration and logistics, ensuring seamless sales execution as well as being a first point of contact for our growing international customer base. This role has the capacity to expand further in the sales and marketing function for the right candidate.
Operations near and far
We’re proud to be the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. From our Head Office in Melbourne, we work closely with our operations both local and global to safely operate and grow.
Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available, and located across the road from the Albert Park Lake. Experience a lunch break around the lake or have access to our on-site gym facilities, with local eateries only a short walk from the office.
Who we’re looking for
This is a critical commercial position, with a focus on working capital management, customer coordination, effective logistics and prompt receipt of cash. An ability and willingness to work to tight time deadlines is essential.
The role will be involved in supporting sales contract negotiations, identifying and understanding markets, managing customer relationships, securing sales for Newcrest’s saleable products, either on a long-term or spot basis.
A few of your responsibilities will include:
- Product sales & execution: Responsibility for the QAQC in the department relating to cash flow reporting & other documents to both internal and external stakeholders
- Vessel Scheduling: Management and execution of ocean freight arrangements
- Gold/Copper/Moly concentrate: Inventory management of the respective product, coordinating sales/shipments ensuring minimal inventory levels
- Constant communication with mine technical personnel, finance team members, logistic and port contractors, other service providers and customers
- Contract management: Take a leading role in the management of (a) specified contract(s) including analysis of commercial terms and potential improvements to the sales bottom line
- Contract documentation: Prepare and finalise the contract documents
Our ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in a relevant field and have a strong background in exporting commodities and a demonstrated understanding of the export process. You will be well versed in vessel scheduling and contract management and be confident and comfortable managing stakeholders. Furthermore, ideally you will have proficiency in using Mineman, SAP and MS Excel.
We are looking for a strong communicator and influencer who is familiar and comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment.
Our commitment to you
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Technology and continuous improvement to our techniques and methodology drive our high-performance culture. Our efficiencies and expertise reduce operating costs and increase production reliability across our portfolio, supporting the financial strength, technical expertise, growth, and competitive returns of our business.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™