Back to search results Apply now
Technical Specialist Auto Electrical
Job no: 979942
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking an expatriate Technical Specialist Auto Electrical to work with the Shovel Pad department. Your role will be to lead and supervise the auto electrical activities of the mobile maintenance team to ensure maintenance work achieves maximum availability and reliability of the mobile fleet for mine at minimum cost.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a mobile fleet maintenance role in large scale mining/mineral processing operations is essential.
- Trade or tertiary qualifications in Auto Electrical, Electronics and Air-Conditioning-Refridgeration disciplines.
- Experience with Heavy Earth Moving equipment and Drills are essential. Equipment on site include Terex RH200 and Hitachi 2600 Excavators, Atlas Copco and Sandvik drills.
- Field Maintenance experience is essential.
- Experience in the following is highly desirable:
- CAT and other OEM machine management systems experience
- CAT VIMS / HIMS programs and use of CAT ET tooling.
- Experience with RC Mining systems, automated or semi-automated drill rigs and obstacle detection and proximity detection systems.
- Previous experience in delivery and assessment of training.
- Strong decision and problem-solving skills, especially under conditions of uncertainty.
- Desire to work with and upskill/mentor national staff.
- Previous Experience working in a remote location in a developing country is advantageous.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written, communication and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Sound planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening and interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution and training.
- Ability to lead multi-national work crews and develop team members by providing feedback, coaching and formal, training, where required.
- Solid understanding and awareness of HSE requirements, responsibilities and obligations.
- Must be open to work FIFO in PNG
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™