Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 981031
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
You will deliver by;
- Ensuring all personal and team compliance with all company HSE requirements & policies including Fitness for Work.
- Completing any HSE tasks only if the hazards and any potential consequences are understood and any corrections are firstly agreed by the relevant Supervisor.
- Scoping and Preparing all corrective action (ZPM1) work orders tasks to accurately reflect manning, material, tools and equipment resources to successfully complete the job safely and within identified equipment shutdown timeframe.
- Reviewing and updating all system generated work orders (ZPM3) as well as PRT’s to ensure any lessons captured from implemented.
- Identifying any Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPs) and ensure they are captured within the schedule.
- Revising final scopes of work and ensure all key stakeholders sign off on work methodology and work packs quality.
- Liaising with Material Coordinator’s to ensure all required materials have been ordered and expedited to site, especially long lead time items.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisors, Scheduler, Shutdown Specialist in determining manning
- Ensuring documentation, maintenance and service records for equipment are complete and kept up to date
- 5 years plus work experience as a Planner with Scoping knowledge in Mining or Heavy Industry
- Must be Trade Certified in Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering Degree with registration with IEPNG
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be Competent with SAP
- Must be Competent with MS Office suite, KPI dashboard experience, Shutdown Digital Tracking system. Adobe Acrobat, MS Teams (Conference calls / Document Storage)
- Experience in the use of MS Project would be an advantage
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills including project execution management experience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
- Must have a current PNG Class 6 License
- Must have completed a Police Clearance valid in the last 6 Months
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Miner of choice™