Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Job no: RR10002712
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting into the Senior Geotechnical Engineer, the primary purpose of this position is to ensure the highest geotechnical engineering standards are implemented at Cadia Valley Operations for both the underground operations and other technical services with particular emphasis on;
- Maintaining a minimum safe standard for all personnel, infrastructure, and equipment on site
- Mitigating the potential and outcomes of geotechnical hazards to the site and company
- Ensuring stringent geotechnical designs, systems and procedures are in implemented, employed, and maintained
- Identifying and implementing business improvement through problem solving, innovation and technology
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering (Geotechnical, Mining or Geology)
- Proven operational experience in a similar role in open pit mining/ underground
- Exposure to either underground hard rock block caving or hydraulic fracturing will be highly desirable
- Experience in related geotechnical software packages would be beneficial
We are looking for a strong communicator and influencer and someone who is familiar with working in a highly collaborative environment with a strong emphasis on innovation and best practise.
Our commitment to you
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Please note that this is a fixed term opportunity until 30 September 2022, covering parental leave.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Miner of choice™