Senior Contracts Specialist - Red Chris Block Cave Project
Job no: 981078
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine
Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan, and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary AB.
We are seeking a Contracts Specialist to join our Red Chris Operations with our Block Cave Project. Reporting to the Director of Projects, the Contracts Specialist is responsible for consistently delivering best practice contract and procurement management oversight to meet the project objectives including compliance with Red Chris’s impact, benefit, and co-management agreement (IBCA) obligations, delegation of authority and procurement plans, policies and procedures across the Block Cave Study Project whist supporting a proactive safety management culture.
Accountable for the preparation and execution of contracts to support the execution of study and project execution work for the block cave project at Red Chris, duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement contract strategies and plans for the project team
- Oversee the allocation, execution, and payment for work under the contracts put in place for the project to ensure it is in accordance with NRCML policies & procedures
- Uploading and maintaining of all contract data on Aconex as required
- Render commercial inputs in the day-to-day execution of contracts
- Review the Compilation and issue of RFP’s
- Liaise with technical, HSE, legal and other relevant stakeholders in reviewing proposals to mitigate risk exposures
- Review the Recommend to Award based on key deliverables including safety, operational continuity, cost reduction and compliance
- Assist in the negotiation and conclude new contracts and contract changes
- Administer agreements (post-award) including evaluating pre-mobilization deliverables, negotiating/resolving disputes, and closing contracts
- Proactively provide guidance to the Project team regarding contract management options and considerations throughout all stages of contracts lifecycles
- Strong grasp of procedural requirements for the necessity of providing an audit trail for Management purposes and stakeholders
- Draft and issue contractual letters as necessary
- Maintaining good relations with NRCML, project team and contractors
- Ensuring the Project Contracts Lead is kept informed of status/challenges
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in contracts and procurement within mining or heavy industry
- Proficient with Aconex and SAP project module
- Strong understanding of contract lifecycle, project procedures, project roles and responsibilities
- Understanding of various related legal and commercial terms
- Understanding of multiple phases of project execution
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills & experience in contracts management, preferably in the mining & metals industry.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Standard Time
Applications close: Atlantic Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™