Back to search results Apply now
Technical Specialist – Defect Management
Job no: 981215
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
You will deliver value by:
- Drive and influence proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership
- Ensure all personnel, visitors and contractors comply with site and contractual HSE requirements and hold people accountable and adherence
- Plan work so that it can be conducted safely considering environmental conditions, nearby activities, people and other resources needed to complete work.
- Review all completed PM activities work packs on completion of work for quality and close out
- Identify and accurately scope reported defects for planning purposes
- Responsible for documenting critical wear measurements for trending purposes and escalate as required
- Ensure mobile fleet defect management strategy is industry best practice and provides maximum availability and reliability at lowest cost.
- Ensure maintenance work is accurately planned and meet quality technical and OEM specifications and requirements
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate waste.
- 5 plus years relevant work experience in mining or heavy industry
- Trade Certificate in Diesel Fitting or Heavy Equipment Fitting essential
- Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical with required knowledge in defect analysis
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
- Must have a current PNG Class 6 License
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Miner of choice™