Back to search results Apply now
Technician - Fabrication
Job no: 981225
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Technician – Fabrication
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mobile Fleet Maintenance Department to support their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are seeking an experienced Technician - Fabrication for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Supervisor - Mechanical, you will be required to fabricate mechanical /structural components for various mobile fleets as required.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Provide ongoing daily fabrication services in fabricating mechanical/structural components for various mobile fleet including; Loaders, Shovels, Excavators and Haul Trucks as required
- Read and interpret drawings to fabricate mechanical/structural components.
- Ensure fabricated components are fit for purpose and safe for intended use.
- Operate safely and maintain hand and power tools to ensure fit for purpose
- Works well with others, listens actively, seeks inputs and asks clarification questions to check understanding staying focused and composed in a variety of work situations.
- Effectively manages own time to complete tasks in line with job expectations and requirements adjusting plans to cater for unforeseen events or disruptions.
- Trade Certificate in Metal Fabrication essential.
- 3-5 years post trade work experience essential in mining and or heavy industry essential.
- Minimum level of Grade 10 education essential.
- Demonstrated experience in fabricating mechanical / structural component of heavy mobile equipment including 992 Loaders, Shovels, Excavators and 785 Haul Trucks
- Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to read and interpret drawings to fabricate mechanical/structural components
- Demonstrated experience in rebuilding heavy mobile equipment components such as buckets for 992 loaders, Shovels & excavators and 785 Haul Truck Trays
- PNG Driver's Licence - Class 6 essential.
- Good verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.
- High attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution.
- Relevant equipment license, Forklift Operator License, Working at height and Overhead Gantry Crane Qualifications (highly desirable).
- Any previous fabrication experience within mining (highly desirable).
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Miner of choice™