Back to search results Apply now
Technician - Instrumentation (Back End)
Job no: 981250
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Technician – Instrumentation (Back End)
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse, and inclusive work culture, Lihir’s mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing, and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities.
Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience, and qualifications.
We are seeking an experienced Technician – Instrumentation for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Supervisor – Instrumentation, you will be required to perform day-to-day instrumentation maintenance tasks to achieve consistently high standards of safety, availability, and reliability at the Processing Plant.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Implements consistent compliance with set maintenance priorities by effectively communicating day-to-day maintenance priorities with Supervisor and team to deliver optimum equipment availability and reliability.
- Monitors and follows up on consistency of maintenance standards and practices within government regulations and company policy.
- Performs instrument maintenance tasks to a high standard, follow procedures and complete tasks as allocated by immediate Supervisor or other leaders.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement process by recommending solutions to Instrument reliability issues and assisting with and implementing maintenance strategy and system initiatives to improve maintenance solutions continuously.
- Effectively communicates day-to-day maintenance issues with the Instrumentation Supervisor, and with other sections and work groups by providing updates of relevant issues and seeking information or input as required to define maintenance priorities and develop effective working relationships.
- Escalates any issues, delays or roadblocks impacting ability to execute tasks.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections on plant equipment.
- Electrical or Instrumentation trade certification essential
- proven industry experience maintaining instrumentation in operational processing facilities essential.
- PNG Power Electrical License essential.
- Experience with radiation devices and/or radiation safety accreditation highly advantageous
- Experience with different types of handheld Instrument communication devices & calibration equipment highly advantageous
- Working knowledge of SAP program and efficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum level of Grade 10 education essential.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously with high attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Engineering qualification an advantage.
- PNG Driver's License - Class 6 desirable.
- Elevated work platform and working at heights tickets (desirable).
- Must be open to FIFO within PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world’s largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience. Newcrest also offers a competitive remuneration package.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Miner of choice™