Back to search results Apply now
Technician - Electrical (Back End)
Job no: 981257
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Technician – Electrical (Back End)
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Fixed Plant Maintenance – Electrical and Instrumentation team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO) in Papua New Guinea.
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are seeking an experienced Technician – Electrical for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be required to undertake day-to-day electrical maintenance tasks to achieve consistently high standards of safety, availability, and reliability at the Processing Plant and ensure optimum equipment availability and reliability by taking ownership of equipment and actioning any instrumentation maintenance requirements within a timely manner.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Implements consistent compliance with set maintenance priorities by effectively communicating day-to-day maintenance priorities with Supervisor and team to deliver optimum equipment availability and reliability.
- Monitors and follows up on consistency of maintenance standards and practices within government regulations and company policy.
- Performs electrical maintenance tasks to a high standard, follow procedures and complete tasks as allocated by immediate Supervisor or other leaders.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement process by recommending solutions to electrical equipment reliability issues and assisting with and implementing maintenance strategy and system initiatives to improve maintenance solutions continuously.
- Effectively communicates day-to-day maintenance issues with the Electrical Supervisor, and with other sections and work groups by providing updates of relevant issues and seeking information or input as required to define maintenance priorities and develop effective working relationships.
- Escalates any issues, delays or roadblocks impacting ability to execute tasks.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections on plant equipment
- 3-5 years relevant work experience essential in heavy industry preferably in a mining environment.
- Relevant experience in Maintaining electrical equipment and fixed Installations.
- Minimum level of Grade 10 education.
- Electrical Trade Certificate.
- PNG Power Electrical License.
- PNG Driver’s License Class 3/6.
- High Voltage switching competency.
- High Voltage Certificate.
- Elevated Work platform ticket.
- Experience in conveying systems, Crushers and Grinding mills
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Miner of choice™