Principal - TIA Construction
Job no: 981276
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine
Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan, and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
We are seeking an Principal – TIA Construction to join our Red Chris Operations for a Fly In, Fly Out opportunity working on an 8x6 rotation.
Reporting to the Manager - Tailings Impoundment Area, the Principal – TIA Construction is accountable for safely executing to budget and schedule all construction activities at the Red Chris Tailings Impoundment Area. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safe and environmentally sensitive execution of all construction works at the Tailings Impoundment Area.
- Developing in collaboration with the Design Engineer and Engineer of Record the annual work plan, construction estimates, budgets, and schedules for all TIA related construction activities.
- Determining the manpower and equipment needs for construction and ensuring that the appropriate internal resources are allocated and contractor resources secured in sufficient time to enable construction to proceed to schedule.
- Leading TIA construction contractor management and engagement.
- Managing of the TIA construction activities, resources and contractors to budget and schedule.
- Actively manages costs and cost commitments during programmes programme execution.
- Ensuring sufficiency and continuity of materials to meet construction needs and that the TIA construction crews are sufficiently resourced and skilled to effectively place the materials to design specifications
- Ensuring construction meets the required quality parameters, design, schedule, and budget
- Proactively addressing risks and challenges to the construction schedule
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and permitting obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk-based challenges and provide appropriate solutions
- Collaborating with the TIA quality assurance, engineering, hydrology, environment, and technical leads to ensure all aspects of the construction meet the requisite engineering standards and operational needs.
- Identifying and delivering process improvement, value opportunities and efficiencies.
- Finalising and delivering Cost and Construction Progress Reports to team and leadership.
- Leading internal and external team update process / meetings and leadership briefings.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Civil, Dam or Geotechnical Engineering
- 10-15 years of professional experience working in tailings facility construction
- Experience in Tailings Storage Facility construction to design specification
- Establishment and management of construction crews and contractors
- Cyclone sand placement experience
- Canadian Risk Management (RIMS) preferred
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Standard Time
Applications close: Atlantic Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™