Job no: 981279
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine
Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for project planning for all maintenance departments while supporting the Maintenance Manager & Maintenance Superintendents with project coordinator for their groups.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Planning & Reliability, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Job Scoping
- Resource Estimating – manpower, team
- Procurement requirements
- Scheduling requirements
- If constitutes as capital complete Business Case, CIF & CER
- If constitutes as operating be a liaison with requestor to ensure the task is allocated to the correct cost center
- WO Generated to the correct code per company guidelines
- Assist supervision with generating JSEA
- Ensure Job package includes all pertinent safety documentation such as CCM’s
- Meeting Coordination with key stake holders
- Sequencing for meeting & comms throughout life cycle of project
- TARP – Trigger Action Response Plan for delays
- Risk/Opportunity Register for Project
- Risk Assessments
- Scheduling & Execution - Support Site Services project execution team
- Coordination of site resources; Liaison with Planning & Reliability team to ensure project does not impact their plans
- External Resource Coordination – engagement, onboarding & scheduling
- Schedule, Meetings, Project tracking – milestones, deadlines, materials
- Site notices
- Project Kick Off PowerPoint & PowerPoint Updating throughout life cycle of the project – KPI visuals for the execution & leadership team
- Reporting & Close Out
- Cost Reporting
- Lessons Learned
- Daily & Weekly Reporting
- Risk Register
- Action Log
- Work with the planning team to assist adding new assets added into SAP for a smooth transition from active project to asset
- Maintenance Business Improvement Project Planning
- CAPEX Budget Proposals, CAPEX CIF & CER Completion, Business Cases.
- Inclusive of but not limited to: Minor Building Installation or infrastructure Modifications. These are items that do not quantify as a major project covered by the Capital Project Team
- Critical Spares
- Ancillary Equipment
- Modifications to Existing Assets
- Business Improvement
- Assisting with the roll out of new systems & processes
- Site & Mill SOP development.
- JSEA Assistance
- ICAM Investigations
- CHESS Incident Reporting Assistance
- Newsafe Opinion Leaders Support to Champions – Projects, Play Roll out, play action log
- When the organization roles out new systems, programs or process be the first champion to learn the new system & create supplemental reference documents, templates for a smooth transition to the department
- Ensure our documentation, systems adhere to Newcrest Values & practices – Caring about people, integrity & honesty, working together, innovation & problem solving, high performance
- Risk assessments
- Assisting Maintenance Manager & Superintendents with financial reporting & analysis for their projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience and/or post-secondary education in mining-related trades, engineering, project management, financial analysis, procurement, business, mathematics, economics, etc. considered an asset
- Obtain (or interested in pursuing) Lean Six Sigma designations, Project Management Professional designation, Certified Change Management Professional designation or similar.
- 60 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM® Certification
- Previous experience assisting in developing and delivering Projects and/or Maintenance
- Previous experience in supporting project owners and champions in managing, executing, and tracking their projects including hosting Idea Generating Sessions, hosting meetings, developing change management plans and keeping our tracking software up to date.
- Ability to influence people across all work areas and encourage positive and sustainable change
- Actively build site-wide and cross-department relationships at the project owner level, including with contractors and consultants.
- Pro-active problem solver and solution finder. When you see something, you sort it out and find the correct way to get things done.
- Inquisitive personality, willing to ask questions and learn new areas, processes and programs of work.
- Initiating, developing, co-ordinating and evaluating inclusive change strategies
- Flexible and adaptable to frequently changing priorities and site needs.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Standard Time
Applications close: Atlantic Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™