TIA Project Controller
Job no: 981286
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Red Chris Mine
Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
The Red Chris Tailings Impoundment Area (TIA) Construction team is looking for a Project Controller responsible for cost control, project schedules, construction, and contract progress monitoring. The successful candidate will also support the development of project cost estimates, project execution plans including cost and schedule forecasting and prepare reporting in conformance with Newcrest standards. This individual will lead the development of project controls procedures, tools, templates, and best practices to support the execution of TIA construction projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual with strong project management and controls skills to support the TIA Project Team while interfacing with Newcrest Capital Projects, Block Cave Early Works, and Finance Teams.
Working in a high paced and dynamic team environment, you will be supporting the TIA Technical and Construction Teams to ensure that all work is carried out in a safe, structured, agreed, and timely manner while enabling value, developing the leadership and technical competencies of the work teams, and driving safety behaviours and attitudes. Reporting to the Principal - TIA Construction, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage cost control systems, cost forecasting procedures, change management and cost analysis as per Project Controls plan and NC Standards
- Support the preparation of (CER) Capital Expenditure Requests. Support the development of construction cost estimates
- Manage Contractor LEMs, Monthly Progress Claims, Change orders, Invoice reviews
- Support and participate in weekly project schedule review meetings and prepare material and contractor hour progress quantities for schedule updates
- Develop and Manage Dam Construction and Auxiliary Project Progress reporting and Dashboard
- Supports TIA month accruals preparation, fuel allocations and costs forecasts for Newcrest Finance Team
- In conjunction with Capital Projects, contribute to the project controls guidance and protocols
- Support the development of weekly and monthly Cost and Schedule progress reporting and dashboard updates
- Maintain the project material tracking and productivity rate reporting analysis
- Maintain the relationship with contractors and other site project stakeholders
- Collaborate with the construction and engineering teams to ensure that impact of change are well articulated
What you will bring to our team:
A commitment to the Newcrest safety culture and ensuring the safe and environmentally sensitive execution of all construction works at the Tailings Impoundment Area.
Qualifications & Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in a related discipline
- 10 years’ experience in Mining or Heavy Earthworks construction project settings
- Strong working knowledge of (EPR) Enterprise Planning Resource systems (e.g., SAP)
- Expert knowledge of MS Office tools
- Strong operational knowledge of Project Control Systems (Primavera P6, Power BI) considered an asset
- Knowledge of planning, forecasting, cost estimate, cost control and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, compare and analyse voluminous and complex spatial data and financial data sets
- Strong planning, organizational and communications skills
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: Atlantic Standard Time
Applications close: Atlantic Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™