We are currently seeking a Senior Specialist, Leadership Development to join our team based in Melbourne. Reporting to the Manager of Leadership Development, you will contribute to the ongoing transformation of Newcrest by designing, delivering, and helping to manage a new, company-wide Leadership Capability Development effort aimed at all 1,400 people leaders across 5 operating sites and the corporate office. We are looking to create a culture where leadership is a strategic lever and this position is a key part of that evolution.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Participating in a working group of HR and site based operational staff in identifying required leadership skills.
• Designing learning experiences, including eLearning, to help our leaders live our values and advance our practices.
• Helping ensure alignment of all leadership capability content and experiences to the talent cycle including effectively assessing talent and performance, and establishing development plans for team members.
• Designing effective measurement processes to establish a baseline for leadership capability.
• Delivering workshops and eLearning modules to support developing leadership capability
• Assisting in broader organisational effectiveness assessments and proposing solutions.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
You will have extensive experience designing and deploying leadership development experiences within complex, multi-site organisations. You will have a broad understanding of what it takes to develop a learning culture along with broad familiarity and experience with organisational development tools and change management.
Ideally you will have worked in a similar heavy industry but this is not essential. You will be self-driven with the ability to prioritise effectively in a fast paced, demanding and delivery focused environment. You will have solid facilitation skills, and you will feel comfortable communicating with both the site leadership teams as well as site based front line employees.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.