Senior Mechanical Compliance Engineer
Job no: 977162
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island - PNG
This newly created role leads the site mechanical engineering compliance function and reports to the Principal Process Safety and Engineering Compliance. The statutory functions of Statutory Mechanical Engineer are:
- To develop and review the standards and procedures for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of Mechanical plant and installations at the mine, and
- To supervise the installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of Mechanical plant and installations at the mine.
Other key responsibilities include,
- Overseeing Mechanical compliance, statutory/regulatory matters
- Ownership of Lihir Mechanical standards;
- Providing clarity and leadership on Mechanical safety and statutory/regulatory compliance;
- Ongoing first party auditing on all matters regarding Mechanical compliance;
- Ownership of site initiatives to improve Mechanical safety and legislative compliance.
This is a fixed term position for two years that will work a 15/13 FIFO roster based at our Lihir mine in Papua New Guinea.
Located on Niolam Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea, Lihir offers both residential and fly in fly out opportunities (role dependent). Our site offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
To succeed in this role, you will be a qualified Mechanical Engineer with minimum 15 years engineering experience in mining or a similar industrial environment. You will have prior experience in detailed mechanical engineering design, mechanical standards, mechanical legislation and supervisory experience in a team environment. A strong communicator and influencer, you will be adept in problem solving skills covering complex technical issues. Key to success in this role is a desire and aptitude for coaching and mentoring.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world's largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d'Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We're committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™