Control Systems Engineer
Job no: 977545(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
Reporting to the Senior Engineer in Operational Technology, you will be responsible for, utilising your domain knowledge to assist in root cause analysis, process improvement and post incident investigations, and ensuring statutory systems are maintained, audited and treated according to the relevant legislation. What’s exciting about this role, is that it will support a site wide system upgrade with the opportunity to utilise your expertise and support transformation.
The key accountabilities for this role are as follows:
- Ensure safe, reliable and effective operations of process control systems across site;
- Conduct day to day maintenance and continuous improvement of process control systems across site;
- Facilitate addition, removal and changes to process control systems;
- Provide frontline control engineering support to maintenance, production & engineering teams;
- Work closely with operations, maintenance and engineering teams to ensure the automation systems are aligned with site requirements;
- Execute routine preventative maintenance, checks, audits and patches to maintain the integrity of both hardware & software components of the process control system;
- Ensure compliance with change management procedures with bridge logs and registers kept up to date and audited regularly.
The current roster for this role is 8 days on, 6 days off and is a permanent opportunity.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented , enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. You will have prior experience in a mining or heavy industrial environment and minimum qualifications of either an Electrical/Mechatronics Trade Certificate or an Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s degree. You will have an understanding/some exposure to both Rockwell and Yokagowa Systems and possess the ability to read/write computer code. Prior experience as a Process Technician/Engineer in mineral processing or within automation, would be highly advantageous. If you’re looking for a close knit team to work in to showcase your system expertise, then this may the next career move for you in WA.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™